Deferred Payment Plan
We’re committed to help you out.
Everyone is pre-approved for our Deferred Payment Plan (DPP).
We've got your back
You’re pre-approved without any fees, interest or credit checks (up to $10 initially). This way, if your account balance ever goes negative and you need a little help paying that balance, we have you covered.
Two ways to sign up for DPP
We offer two types of Deferred Payment Plans to keep your power on
1. Pogo Promise DPP: available to everyone up to $10 (initially), or
2. Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) DPP: available if your account ever goes negative beyond $50 due to an extreme weather emergency or other surprises
How it works
- Same rules apply for either DPP plan you’ve signed up for
- Pay down your DPP balance a little at a time each time you make a payment
- While on a DPP plan, 90% of your future payments will be applied to your service account and only 10% will be applied to pay down your DPP
- This allows you to keep your power on and take your time paying off your DPP
While we’ll do our best to keep your power on with a Deferred Payment Plan, please be aware of a couple of important facts – we’re not out to trick you, we’re here to help you out, but we need you to stay with us while you have a DPP
- When you sign up for a DPP with us, we will put your account on a Switch Hold until your DPP is paid off
- A “Switch Hold” means that you won’t be able to switch to a different energy provider while you still have a DPP balance with us