Text us to get instant account information.
Reply to your daily text message from Pogo Energy or text 24197 with one of these keywords
to receive real time assistance or account information.
Report outages to your local
Transmission & Distribution Utilities (TDU)
Energy Saving Tips
Reduce Your Electric Usage to Save Money
Cold Weather Energy Saving Tips
- Avoid space heaters! Not only can electric space heaters be a fire hazard, but they are notorious for using a lot of energy and only heat small spaces.
- Improve air flow in your home by making sure nothing blocks the air vents while the heating is on.
- Cooking in the oven? Don’t turn on the heat and instead turn down your thermostat a few degrees while the oven is in use! The oven will add extra heat to your home.
- Open the cabinet doors under your sink overnight and let warm air circulate to help prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Set your hot water heater to 120 degrees and you could save hundreds each year.
- Use a smoke pencil to identify air leaks around windows and doorways in your home, and seal them so hot air stays in (and cold air during the summer).
- Switch to a low-flow shower head and save up to $145/year.
- Use a power strip to easily turn off/cut power to unused electronics and save up to $100/year.
- Wash laundry and dishes in cold water, and use less hot water by taking a shorter, 2-song shower.
- Stream your TV and movies on a tablet instead of a laptop, as tablets use 4x less energy than laptops.