Pogo’s prepaid energy plan makes moving easier
Here at Pogo Energy, we think you deserve some kind of reward for all of the hard work and effort it takes to relocate. We know that just getting all of your stuff into your new place is just part of the lengthy moving to-do list.
#1 – Reduce your energy bills and energy usage
There’s no shortage of advice for reducing your energy usage. It ranges from unplugging electrical appliances you’re not using, to outfitting your home with solar panels. With that in mind, though, lower overall usage will almost always lead to lower bills. The one exception would be if you fall into a “free nights and weekends” scam plan and your usage all falls during the daytime. But, we digress.
One big thing you can do to save money on your electricity is by making small adjustments that play into reducing your energy usage. Like these!
- Instead of using the heater or air conditioner, open windows when it’s nice outside! Not only does it save you energy and give you a nice breeze, but it’s scientifically proven to improve your mood!
- Unplug things that you are not using! It may not seem like much, but unplugging idle devices can save as much as $200 per year.
- Turn off your lights, too! Leaving lights on when you’re not in the room is wasteful and takes up a big chunk of your energy bill.
- Wash your clothes on cold! It uses a lot less energy and can save you $60 – $85 per year. That’s $5 – $7 per month.
- Change your light bulbs! There’s some up-front investment here, but you can save around $200 a year after the initial investment cost.
- Invest in a smart thermostat! Brands like Nest and Ecobee are very popular and can help you save money on your energy bill, roughly $140 per year.
#2 – Switch to Pogo
Switching to Pogo Energy is easy and fast, it takes five minutes – and the benefit is you’ll save on your energy bills.
Our pay-as-you-go electricity model puts you in control. Our daily text alerts can let you know when you’re being wasteful or using too much energy. Beyond that, we don’t have any hidden fees – or connect/disconnect fees!
Texans already pay too many hidden fees each year, and the Power To Choose web site isn’t doing enough to stop that practice. Our Pogo Promise is that we’ll never engage in those practices. No hidden fees ever.
That means that the other guys have you paying for more than just your usage – you’re paying for their whims and rules. Beyond that, you’re probably paying to hurt the environment. That’s why, we’re committed to only providing 100% sustainable energy.
Unlike the other guys there’s no upfront cost with us. No deposit, just load up your account and get started.
3: Do BOTH of those things
Okay, so this isn’t really *another* thing, but the logic here works, right? If you reduce your usage, you’ll save money. If you switch to Pogo, you’ll save money. If you reduce your usage AND switch to Pogo, you’ll save even more money.
Reducing your energy usage is even easier when you’re with Pogo Energy. Our daily text alerts and pay-as-you-go setup will let you know if you’re using more energy than you planned on. Plus, you get the peace-of-mind of knowing that you’ll never get charged a hidden fee.
Roll with us, and you’ll never have another bad surprise from your energy company. Just good surprises in your bank account. It’s a no-brainer, right?